Friday, June 24, 2011

Introduction to the blog

Having been in the telecom industry for a few years I continue to run across folks who want or need to know a bit more than what most people know about the telephone, video, mobile phone, and internet/data functions they use on a regular basis. If you are interested in learning more about this industry, perhaps this blog may help you to understand a little more about this extremely complex and ever-changing business.

I will try to make this not only a high-level view of the industry, but also one which does not assume you know much of the background. Hopefully I won't use terms that I don't immediately describe or define on first use. Although I am an engineer by schooling, I have made a living so far selling products into the telecom industry and providing technical support and training on the products I sell. I understand these products well enough to train users on them, but I am by no means the end-all expert. I will assume that the reader knows little or nothing about the subjects as I go along. This will not be a brand-specific or "salesy" in any way. I want it to be generic as possible, but will use examples of brands as needed to help to explain things.

I am aiming this at newcomers, or for people who are considering doing business in the telecom industry and want to understand it better. Feel free to comment and ask questions. Point out any errors I make or expand on the topics.

Here we go...

No comments:

Post a Comment